- Professional organization : ACTFL (American Council on the teaching of Foreign Languages )
ACTFL is the largest organization in the filed of second/foreign world language learning and teaching in the United States. Its annual conference attracts many great educators of many different languages, such as Japanese,, Spanish, Chinese, and TESOL. This year’s convention and expo will be held soon on 11/16-18 just in Philadelphia. I am a student member of it and I attended the conference last year in Denver. So glad that I do not have to travel so far this year.
Before I take this course, I have not paid a lot of attention on its social media. The assignment provides me a great opportunity to explore its social networks.
- Language learning and Technology : (facebook page)
- Arne Duncan : the US Secretary of Education(Twitter page)
- Kevin Gaugler : Associate Professor of Spanish and Internet aficionado (Twitter)
- Dorie C
- Gov. Jack Markell
I found that I always choose(give it a try, click on) or follow individuals/groups which or who have the following characteristics :
- 1. Its logo/pictures/avatar look professional. It should be related to what he/she wants to deliver.
- 2. The information is appealing to me, which is the key item to determine if I will continue.
- 3. Clear Bio or position statement. So critical!
- 4. The number of followers. For example: Arne Duncan has 55049 followers.
- 5. what or who he/she follows.
I finally found that ACTFL also offers its own community platform for members to discuss issues and post job opportunities.
Other interesting websites: